The Visiting Students Research Programme at TCIS is intended for enrichment and broadening of education. It involves a project through which the students will get trained in research and help them to choose a career in research. We host a limited number of short-term students ever year under two categories.
I. Summer Research Programme:
This programme is offered during May-Jul of every year. Under this programme, the students can choose any of the following procedures to get an admission:-
For details please visit http://www.tifr.res.in/~vsrp/
- KVPY /Science Academies
Several members of our faculty are associated with Science Academies. The students may apply through Summer Research Fellowship Programme (SFRP) hosted by various Science Academies and the selected students are allocated to TCIS faculty members. Please note that this is through Science Academy only and subject to availability of the position with respective faculty member.
- TCIS also hosts Summer Research Programme in which students may apply to the faculty member directly depending upon their research interest.
- For (a) and (b)
- Please refer to the eligibility conditions of the hosting institution
- For (c)
- Two years of undergraduate course work in an academic institution
- Applicants who have participated twice before are not eligible to apply
Stipend / Accommodation:
For (a) and (c): Selected students are paid a monthly stipend of Rs. 7000/- and travel reimbursement as per the TIFR rules. Free shared accommodation is provided by the institute.
For (b): as per the KVPY / Science Academies rules
II. Semester / longer Visiting Students Research Programme:
- Some of our faculty members are associated with few institutions which host undergraduate / integrated programmes where students can take research credits outside their institutes / universities. The students may apply to such faculty members directly through their institution.
- TCIS also hosts visiting students through-out the year. The candidates who have completed their Master degree / Professional degree and would like get research experience are eligible to apply. The students may apply to the faculty member depending upon their research interest. The visiting period depends upon the project.
Stipend / Accommodation:
Selected students are paid a monthly stipend of Rs. 7000/- and travel reimbursement as per the TIFR rules. Free shared accommodation is provided by the institute.
If you need any other information, please write to
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research
36/P, Gopanpally Village,
Ranga Reddy District,
Hyderabad 500107, INDIA
e-mail: visiting_students at tifrh dot res dot in