Professional Experience& Employment
- Reader (F) (2014 October – Present)Tata Institute of Fundamental Research–Centre for Interdisciplinary Sciences (TCIS/TIFR-H), Hyderabad, India.
- Adjunct Faculty (2015 December- 2018 December) – Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research (AcSIR)
- Assistant Professor(in Physics) (2014 April – 2014 September) Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research (AcSIR)
- Scientist Fellow (QHS) (2013 March –2014 September)Central Electrochemical Research Institute, Karaikudi, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Assistant Professor (in Physics) (2011 November – 2013 March) Collegiate Education, Kerala, India.(Served 42 days).
- Research Scientist (2012 November–2013March) Rice University, Houston, Texas, USA.
- Post-Doctoral Research Associate (2010March–2012November) Rice University, Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science, Houston, Texas 77005 USA. (withProf. Pulickel M. Ajayan).
- Research Associate (2007 April – 2007 July) Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, New York, USA.(Worked withProf. Pulickel M. Ajayan).
- Ph. D. Physics (2010), Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kochi,Kerala,India. (Advisor: Prof. M. R. Anantharaman). Title of Thesis: Template assisted fabrication of 1-D nanostructures of Nickel, Cobalt, Iron oxide and Carbon nanotubes and a study on their structural, magnetic and nonlinear optical properties for applications.
- M. Sc.Physics (2005), Department of Physics, Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kerala, India.
- B. Sc. Physics (2003), Calicut University, Kerala, India.
- Pre-Degree(2000), Calicut University, Kerala, India.
- S.S.L.C (1998), Kerala State Board, Kerala, India.
Award and Honors
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry (FRSC) – 2016.
- Associate of Indian Academy of Sciences: July 2015 – December 2018.
- Materials Research Society Membership Award (with MRS-2017 Travel Grant) – 2018 January – December.
- ACS membership award in recognition of engagement with ACS’s mission of service July 2015.
- Richard Smalley Institute and nano Tox Nano Art Imagery Contest Award, September 2012.
- Best paper award in 22nd Kerala Science Congress, January 28-31, 2010 Peechi, Trichur, Kerala, India. (Topic: Studies on the properties of aqueous ferrofluids for magnetic hyperthermia).
- CSIR-SRF (2009): CSIR-SRF is a prestigious Research Fellowship given by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Govt. of India. CSIR is a national organization that envisions Industrial and Scientific research and development for the benefits of human kind.
- Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment Junior Research fellowship (KSCSTE-05) for 2005-2008; Also Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment Senior Research fellowship (KSCSTE-05) 2009. This is a prestigious research scholarship given every year by KSCSTE (an autonomous body under ministry of Science & Technology, Kerala) for University rank holders of Kerala.
- UGC-CSIR-NET (2004, 2005): National Eligibility Test (NET) is a national level examination conducted jointly by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and CSIR.
- SERC School Training – Magnetism and Superconductivity, Hyderabad Central University – 2006.
- Third rank in M. Sc. (Physics) (2005) at Cochin University of Science and Technology.
- Indian Institute of Astrophysics – Kodaikanal (IIA-Kodai) Summer School Fellowship-2004.
Peer Reviewer of following International Journals: Science Advances, Advanced Materials, ACS Catalysis, Scientific Reports, Journal of American Chemical Society, ACS Nano, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, Applied Materials Today, Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research(ACS), Journal of Industrial & Engineering Chemistry, Nanotechnology, Dalton Transactions, RSC Advances, Carbon, Optical Materials, Materials Express, Materials & Design, Journal of Materials Chemistry, Journal of Energy Storage, European Journal of Inorganic Chemistry, European Physics Letters, Journal of Nanoparticle Research,Polymer Composites, Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, Synthetic Metals, Surfaces and Interfaces, PIER &Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Surface & Coating Technology, Current Nanoscience, Advanced Chemistry Letters, Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, Journal of Composites, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, Applied Surface Science, Current Organic Chemistry, Materials Science and Engineering B, Materials, Electrochimica Acta, International Journal of Thermal Sciences, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Proposals from various National and International agencies, and AIP conference proceedings.
Co-convener of Indo-US Workshop on “Engineered Electrodes for Electrochemical Energy Storage” organized by the Indo-US Joint R&D Network center on ‘3D Engineered Electrode for Electrochemical Energy Storage’ and sponsored by the Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF)during April 3-4, 2014.
National Organizing Committee member of International Conference, COCHIN NANO -2016. [Link]
International Program Committee Member of EMN Meeting on Electrocatalysis, Energy Materials Nanotechnology, February 15-19, 2016 Orlando, USA. [Link]
Organizer of Materials Research Society – Tutorial on “Future Perspective of 3D Graphene & Beyond”, November 26, 2017, Boston, USA.
General Co-Chair and Committee member of Advanced Energy Materials Congress 2018, Sweden to be held during March 25-28, 2018.
Guest Editor: MRS Communications – 2D Nanomaterials for Healthcare and Lab-on-a-Chip Devices Special Issue (2018)