1. Dr. Pankaj Kumar Rastogi (National Postdoctoral Fellow) Dr. Pankaj Kumar Rastogi received his master and Ph.D. degree in Chemistry from Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India. His thesis deals with synthesis and characterizations of some polymer nanocomposites for their electroanalytical and catalytic applications. He worked as a postdoctoral researcher at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel. After that he joined Narayanan’s research group in June 2017. His research is recently focused on the redox-free electrodeposition of two-dimensional materials as well as development and studies on engineered metal dichalcogenides based catalysts and small molecule sensors.
2. Dr. N. Sreekanth (National Postdoctoral Fellow) Dr. Sreekanth received his Ph.D. in Chemical Science from CSIR-Central Electrochemical Research Institute, Karaikudi, Tamilnadu. His Ph.D. work was mainly focused on the understanding the effect of the local pH, electrolyte properties, and surface properties of catalysts for the electrochemical CO2 reduction using Scanning Electrochemical Microscopy (SECM). Currently he is working as a post-doctoral fellow in T. N. Narayanan’s research group. His present research interest includes the synthesis of new catalysts for the selective reduction of CO2 and developing electrolyser for CO2 splitting.
3. Dr. Anand B. PuthirathDr. Anand received his Ph.D. degree from Cochin University of Science and technology, India. He joined Narayanan’s research group in July 2016. His research areas of interest are supercapacitors and Li-ion batteries. His present studies include impedance studies on various systems, supercapacitor development using novel nanomaterials and Li-sulfur batteries. He has 9 peer reviewed papers to his credit.
1. Shubhadeep PalIn my master thesis I did bound state problem in 2+1 dimensional re-normalization theory. I have started my thesis work on 2D materials like Graphene which provides relativistic dirac fermion, leads to reveal relativistic phenomenon on table top experiment. Owing to that I am interested in surface and interface science to make functional nano-materials to nano-bio-materials, coating, rheology of materials, hybrid 2D materials towards van der Waals solids for better electronic device and bio-sensors. Now I am working on 2D materials.
2. Sudeshna PatraI did my Masters from Banaras Hindu University with a specialization in physical chemistry. My dissertation was entitled ”Photophysical and Vibrational Spectroscopic Studies of Conjugated Organic Molecules”. Now I have been at the TIFR Centre for Interdisciplinary Sciences, Hyderabad as a PhD student. My current research interests include morphogenesis and mechanostabilization of complex structures, mechanochemical reactions between structures where I will evaluate the possibilities in developing new designs of structures built from hybrid mesoscopic structures.
3. Sumit BawariI completed my Bachelors in Chemistry from the University of Delhi. I have joined TIFR Hyderabad, as an Integrated PhD Student. My work in the lab mainly involves two-dimensional materials, which through stacking and bonding, exhibit new properties. The tuning of these properties can lead to various applications in Material Science.
4. Anku GuhaI have completed my M.Sc. from University of Hyderabad in 2016 and joined TIFR-TCIS, Hyderabad for my doctoral studies. I am doing my Project B under the supervision of Dr. T. N. Narayanan. Currently, I am trying to develop cost effective electrocatalysts for energy converting systems.
5. Pallavi ThakurI did my M.Sc. from HImachal Pradesh University, Shimla. I have joined TIFR as a Ph.D student. My current research focuses are on solid electrolytes for energy storage devices, mainly Li ion batteries.”
6. Krishna Rani SahooI did my masters in physics from Ravenshaw University, Odisha. In 2016, I have joined in TIFR Hyderabad for my doctoral studies. I am broadly interested in CVD based synthesis of CNTs. Currently, at TNNs lab I am doing my project A. The aim of my project is to optimize the synthesis strategy of vertically aligned CNTs for device applications.
7. Rahul SharmaI did my bachelors in Physics from University of Delhi. I joined TIFR-TCIS Hyderabad as a integrated Ph.D. Student. I did my project A with Dr. TN Narayanan on “Development of large area functional atomic layers for flexible electronic devices”. Currently, I am working on CVD(Chemical vapour deposition) for growth of various 2D materials like graphene, MoS2 and other TMDs and their device based applications.
Junior Research Fellows
1. Bhaskar SomanI did my bachelors in Chemical Engineering from BITS Pilani Hyderabad Campus, India. Over the past few years I have worked on carbon fibre composites, bio-materials, electrospinning of nano-fibres and titanium dioxide catalysts. I have joined TIFR as a Junior Research Fellow and intend to work on projects in the field of materials science.
Pallavi Thakur (Project B, Chemistry) (2017 June – )
Anku Guha (Project B, Chemistry) (2017 June – )
Krishna Rani Sahoo (Project A, Physics) (2017 June – )
Avijit Maiti (Project B, Chemistry) (2016 August -2017 January)
Shashank Yadav (Project B, Physics) (2016, February – July)
Rahul S (Project A, Physics) (2016, January-August)
Ritabrata Thakur (Project B, Physics) (2016, January-July)
Bhanu Prasad Bhowmik (Project B, Physics) (2016 January-July)
Sumit Bawari (Project A, Chemistry) (2016, January-July) (M.Sc. Project, 2016)
Sudeshna Patra (Project A, Chemistry) (2015, January-July)
Sourabh (Project A, Chemistry) (2015, January-July)
Pappu Acharya (Project A, Physics) (2015, January-July)
Rahul (Project A, Physics) (2015, January-July)
Shubhadeep Pal (Project B, Physics) (2014, December-June)
Archana S (TIFR Summer Student, CSIR-CECRI, Karaikudi, 2017 May – June)
Indulekha N. (TIFR Summer Student, IISER, TVM, 2016, May-July 2016)
Ritika Mary Paul (IASc Summer Student, St. Joseph’s College, Bangalore, 2016 April-June)
Sreeraj P. (Govt. Victoria College, Palakkad, 2016, April-June)
Preethi S. Mathew (TIFR Summer Student, IISER, TVM, 2015, May-July)
Narayan Kunchur (NIT, Calicut, 2015 May-July, 2016 May-July)
Anish H. Verma (TIFR Summer student, UPES, Dehradun, 2015 May-July)
Mr. Thoufeeq S. (CUSAT, Kerala, 2017 August)
Prof. Anil Palve (Mahatma Phule College, 2015, May, November)
Dr. Sathyavathi Ravulapalli (Visiting Post-Doctoral Fellow, 2015 August-November )
Mr. Agnish Dev Prusty (Visiting Student from IIT Bhubaneswar (Presently at NCBS, Bangalore), India, 2015, 2016)
Dr. Ravi K Biroju [Past: PostDoc 2016 March – 2017 August] (Present: Marie-Sklowdowska-Curie fellow (Post-Doc): University of Birmingham, UK)
Dr.Vineesh T V [Past: Ph.D./PostDoc 2014 January – 2017 August] (Present: Post-Doc: IISER, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala)
Dr. Kiran Kumar Tadi [Past: Post-Doc 2015 January – 2016 July] (Present: Post-Doc: Hebrew University, Israel)
Dr. P. M. Sudeep [Past: Post-Doc, 2015 Jan- August] (Present: Post-Doctoral Fellow, Dr. Tobin Filleter, University of Toronto, Canada)
Dr. Santosh Bikkarolla [Past: Short Term Post-Doc, 2015 August – 2016 February] (Present: Post-Doctoral Fellow, Chalmers University, Sweden )
Mr. Kapil K. Bhorkar [Project Assistant 2015 August-2016 May] (Present (Marie-Sklowdowska-Curie ESR fellow): Ph.D. Student , University of Patras (Forth-Ice/HT), Greece)
Mr. Suhail Mubarak[Past: Short term fellow] (Present: Ph.D. student, Fujian Institute of Research on the Structure of Matter, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China)